In 2011, some of us had started work on a HDLoader game installer that installs PlayStation 2 games onto the HDD unit for use with the HDDOSD. The games could be booted directly from the HDDOSD as if they were DLCs from the PSBBN.
The software uses a GUI-less version of OPL to emulate the CD/DVD drive.
Although the project is still considered to be under development, I’ve considered about putting it into the beta-testing phase as I think that most functions have already been completed.
Originally, it was tested amongst a handful of people that work with me… but it seems like most of them have become too busy with real life nowadays. I’ll still like to reach a conclusion for this project soon, hence now I’m appealing to the public for closed-beta testers.
Why a closed-beta test? It’s because this software might be severely buggy. An open-beta test (OBT) will be scheduled if no major problems are identified.
What does this system offer?
- Installs all PlayStation 2 games from the CD/DVD drive.
- Installs all PlayStation 2 games remotely from a PC, via TCP/IP over a network.
- Installed games can be booted directly from the HDDOSD.
- Allows the user to manage games locally on the PlayStation 2 console itself.
- Allows the user to manage games remotely from a PC, via TCP/IPover a network.
- Network performance uses the latest ethernet modules from the PS2SDK, giving about 2MB/s.
- Allows the user to specify the savedata icon to use with the game.
- Supports games 4GB (HDLDump seems to have some difficulty with that).
- DVD9 games are supported from the PC client only, as the CDVDMAN module within the boot ROMs of all consoles does not support DVD9 layer 1.
If interested, please PM me. Thank you all, and have a nice day!